Calendula is one of the Oils found in the Elim Argan Body Gloss and we wanted to tell you more about this amazing little flower.
We added 6 oils to our Argan Body Gloss. Calendula being one of the top oils. We also added Jojoba, Rosemary, Babassu Palm Seed, Argon and Chamomile oil.
Did you know the Calendula or Marigold is family of the Daisy? Yes and it is native to
Southwestern Asia, Western Europe and the Mediterranean.
Look in most natural medicine cabinets and most likely you will find a tube of Calendula Gel, but what is it used for?
I’d love to give you a short snippet of Calendula and what it was used for historically.
Ancient cultures recognized and used the healing properties of calendula.
· In some of the earliest medical writings, calendula was used for treating ailments of the digestive tract.
Can you believe that?
· It was used as a detox for the liver and gall bladder.
· The flowers were applied to cuts and wounds to stop bleeding, prevent infection and speed up healing.
· Calendula was also used for various women’s ailments,
· and to treat a number of skin conditions.
· We know that it has a calming effect on the skin and
· can stop those little bumps and bruises heal quickly
During the American Civil War, calendula flowers were used on the battlefields in open wounds as antiseptic, and in dressing wounds.
We have evidence that it was even used on the battlefields in World War 1.
Having read this, how much more beneficial do you think this could be for the skin than a normal Chemical Moisturizer? Instead of choosing a water base cream for moisture, opt for a combination of Different oils blended together. Each one with his own healing properties.
We found two fun ladies on the web who loves making their own oil. Although this is not for everyone and most of you would choose to purchase your oil from Elim spa Products you might learn the basics of Calendula and how it becomes the beautiful gloss you purchase online. Watch them make Calendula oil from Scratch.